Saturday, May 19, 2007

San Francisco

Arrived at SF in the evening. And I witnessed the fog coming into the city. Cheng's friend picked me up from the airport.

OK. We are joining the rush hour in my holiday. Yes.. I am going to Silicon Valley.


I have been wanting to visit Google, Intel, Yahoo,... You named it. Why on earth do I want to go there? A lot of people couldn't understand. Well, we use the search engines so much, and we use computer with Intel chips so much, I wanted to visit lor. As simple as that only.

So, Brian took me. I was sooooo excited. The funny thing was we have to googled Google's address. And we got there. And we walked. Hey... The place is really cool.. Like offices in the park. Google has a few buildings and I saw people cycling from one building to another, another on her roller skate. Cool... And the best thing was they all greeted me. Well, too bad, I couldn't go in. They do not have a visitor center. I was not allow to go in to the office at all withouth any purpose. Interview? hmm.. Well, sorry, no appointment make. So, I just wonder outside and took pictures. Even that, I was satified. REALLY!!

Next went to Intel. Brian works in Intel, not this office though. And I visited the Intel Muzeum. Cool... We only passedby Yahoo.


Then, we went to the beach. It was a bit chilly. The flowers there are so lovely. I saw Ice Plant, cos it is easily broken.

And we went for a bit of hiking. That's where I got to see the Golden Gate Bridge. Well, one thing I didn't do was to be on the Golden Gate Bridge. That's ok.

Lombard Street. We drove down rather than walked down. It is the 'crookedest' street in the world. It has 8 sharp turns on a 40-degree slope. The turns, were known as switchbacks, were build in the 1920s to allow traffic to descent the steep incline. There are stairways (without curve) on either side of the street for pedestrians.

I didn't like Haight District in Ashbury. I just don't feel comfortable there at all. But, was told that the creativity and diversity of the community was recognised worldwide. The living style there is exactly like 60's. And I went to Chinatown as well. :)

No comments: