Friday, May 25, 2007

Mt. Rainier, Washington

Mt. Rainier is located south of Seattle. It is an active volcano. The height of Mt. Rainier is 14,410 ft (4,392 m).

Finally, I am here on this mountain. The one that I have been seeing from far, from the city and beach.

It was not that near. There was this huge lake on the way there, apparently, it is a dam and people were having water sports on it.

I was so excited as I saw the snow as we ascent. I have not seen any snow for about 10 years now. Ever since I came back from NZ. It wasn't snowing, just ice. Yeah!! I had my hiking boots on thinking can do some hikes. I got this hiking boots at only about US$ 49.99. :) But, well, too bad. The tracks were all covered by snow and we can't do any hike. Even part of the visitor center was still covered by snow. Well, it wasn't that cold and jacket was not needed.

I saw this glacier which was now shorten due to global warming. It was sad that it has to happened that way.

Then, we make a stop at this Christian Fall where we did a bit of hiking here. The water was so clear.

In the evening, Tyson's family came over for BBQ. It was a dinner welcoming me. I felt so touched by them. Thank you so much!

No comments: