Monday, May 14, 2007

Continue to Grand Canyon

We have to depart at 5.00am to go to Canyon. It's cold out there cos we are in desert mar. Hot in the day and cold at night. And many continued to sleep in the bus and for me woke up means woke up.

Arrived at Grand Canyon National Park at about 9am. Well, too bad that we only got to spend about 1 hour at the site which is pretty sad. My initial plan was to spend a few days there and went down to the bottom of the canyon. Well, since I have financial constraint and most of the trip that I checked were full. I have to choose the alternative.

The canyon is really awesome! Just so amazed by His creation. Each layer of the stones are actually different in colours and it means it is formed in different timing and condition. And the canyon is still growing! Amazing!!! There were one spot where we can see a bit of the Colorado River running through the canyon. And of course, it was super hot there.

The weird thing was when I touched the stone on where I was standing. It was cold. Why? I don't know. I wonder why too... The entire place was just so pack by visitors.

Actually, the canyon will appear as different colours at different time.

Then, we proceed to Las Vegas. Another long journey. Maybe I will come back to Grand Canyon one day and spend 1 week doing all the hike and activities there...



No comments: