Saturday, May 2, 2009

Trip to Sungai Lembing, Kuantan

Wanted to go to Bukit Panorama @ Sungai Lembing, Kuantan for a long time after I stumbled into a web site showing the wonderful view of it. The timing was just not right. Then, I decided, regardless, I am going still on 1st May. Then, I get confirmation that my sister will join me. And another friend confirmed last minute.

Getting a room at last minute especially over the long weekend was really challenging. We were on waitlist for hotel room and the hotel (Vistana) has the courtesy to called me at night to tell me that they have confirmed booking rooms available for me. Gosh... really thank God.

We departed from KL close to 10am. And the traffic to Eastern Malaysia was just so terribly heavy and I can't remember how long were we in the car. I knew it was very long.

We decided to check-out Sg. Lembing before heading to Kuantan. I asked my colleague in Radio Network Engineering on some brief direction. Was told turn left after exit Kuantan. I think (if not mistaken), Sungai Lembing was about 29KM away from Kuantan toll plaza.

Sungai Lembing was really small. We saw suspension bridge build over Sungai Lembing for the other side, roads were very narrow and for few times, we had to stop to let the on-coming cars go pass. And we saw this burnt and ruin place. M
my friend was saying, don't need to go to Siem Riap or Ang Kor Wat, we have it here too. (so funny...)

I called up Cheng and Fong for the exact location of Bukit Panorama as we don't seem to see it. as they have been here few weeks for direction. And we found this place. hmm..... Very quite place and very narrow road, no wonder we can miss it. :S

Then, we headed to Kuantan to check-in. Then? Well, I refused to stay in hotel and was a bit hungry. So, called up a colleague in Kuantan and asked for place to makan (eat). He recommended us to to go Hai Peng or Kemaman Kopitiam (not the real Kemaman, just the name of the shop). And I ordered special drink which looks so different from the picture and it tasted different but, alright. And bread too. The kaya was not sweet and was thick. hmm.. very different indeed.


What's next? Well, they started blamining me for not having itinery :( so, solution? Call lor.. Who? Fong. hahaha.. She highly recommended us to go for cruise ride, which we all have 0% interest in it. It's hot and humid and cruise ride? :? We must be nuts. Then, we decided to go to Teluk Chempedak, beach.

The beach was so happening. Played kite, selling bottled sand drawing, etc. The bottled sand drawing attracted me. This man really need a lot of patience to draw it and so, it is not that cheap.



We walked on the bridge where it linked to other side of the beach. Nice, but, too many people especially on public holiday.

Time for dinner. Headed to Tanjung Lumpur for seafood. :) I realised, I know very little about Malaysia food, actually. hmmm..... for me food is food, just eat to fill the stomach. hhaha.... And after that, we were too tired and went back to sleep. As we need to wake up early the next morning for the sunrise.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So wasted that you didn't go on the river cruise. It was so cheap. RM15 for an hour boat ride. We saw crocodiles, kingfishers, eagle, otter (I think), fishing village, prawn catchment area, mangrove and went out into part of the South China Sea.

Awesome! Great value for money. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Kuantan for the first time.

mfwrachel said...

Is it available anytime of the day?