Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hike up to Bukit Panorama

We left hotel in Kuantan to head to Sungai Lembing at about 5am. Well, as long as we get up there before sunrise, 6.30am or 6.45am?

The small little quiet town we saw yesterday afternoon was so noisy this morning. So many hundreds of ppl. Wow.....

Everyone was kinda queuing to go up (reminded me of the experience of waiting at the gate at Laban Rata to go up to Mt. Kinabalu summit). But, this was worse. So many ppl that we literally take each step at a time and stopped. We overhead someone said, if someone farted at that moment, all will be fainted (hahaha..... :D) Especially, after durian? wahahaha.... pengsan..

We will require a torchlight/ headlight or any form of light to show us the path as it was really dark out there. There were just countless stairs that we need to go on and in fact, I think it was qiute steep too.

We started at about 5.50am. And it felt like a long journey. It was about 6.35am when we reached the top. My friend told me we took actually about 30 minutes if not because of the ppl traffic that slowed us down.

However, everything was paid-off when we reached the top (already filled with ppl by then). We saw the magnificent view. Seas of clouds. 云海。And the sun was penetrating through the fogs/ mist. All over. Well, it wasn't cooling as I thought it would be. And the night before was raining in Kuantan.

It was really nice. I don't mind going for another time (with less ppl). I think we spent about 1 hour up there just taking the pictures and enjoying it. The view changed every minute. It's just awesome. So many ppl set-up their tripod there and ppl go ready with DSLR. For me, my Ixus is alright. :)

Descending is equally challenging. My friend was gone (ran down) while sis and I were kinda in the ppl jam. hmm..... Again, moving really slowly. In fact, we saw ppl still going up as well. There's only 1 small way up and down thus making it really congested.
And when we finally reached down there. Wow, the quite town was so happening. Market, food court, streets were all filled with ppl. Wow... So amazed.

We went to Gua Charas, errrhh..... won't recommend anyone to even borther to go. So nice of my friend to drove in as I have been saying to go... :)

We went back to hotel for the 2nd breakfast. And the food was running out fast soon. Wow... After shower and rested for awhile, we checked out. Went to Taman Gelora (which we just make a U-turn). hahaha.... didn't borther to go town or take any picture....

And lunch (food again?). Before that, we went to market for something. And friend's friend also joined us. Interesting conversations and guessing session we were having. Well, I didn't pursue for the answer as I think I know the character, they will tell me the answer in due time. :)

And we headed back to KL after the lunch. hmm.... My trip ended... I took a picture on the way back. It was a cloudy day. arh... the traffic? It was smooth. So smooth.... Am I looking forward for another trip? Yes. I do, indeed very much. Spending time with ppl and knowing each other or even new ppl and doing activities together it is.. :)



No comments: