Thursday, May 17, 2007

San Diego

Met an old uncle in the train and we chatted. Hence, I wasn't so bored afterall. Of course, I must be aware of what I say. I arrived San Diego about midnight and I needed a cab to the hostel. Well, I was really scared to this totally new city in the middle of the night and taking cab by myself. Of course, I have done my studies from internet and books on the location and fare, etc. And I got there safely. *phew*... I am in a room with another 3 girls. It's also my 1st time ever sharing room with total stranger. And yes, I read that I need to be careful with my belonging.

I have to make my own breakfast in the hostel, pancake, which is cool. I like pancake. All inclusive in the rate. Then, I decided to go for a walk in the park. Question: how do I get there? Thank God the people in the hostel are very helpful, perhaps all are travelling and backpacking. So, I was told the direction are all on the wall, so, I picked up the bus route, the map, studied it, try to memorise as much as possible before I go out. Why? If I am alone and having a map in my hand, I am telling the whole world that I am visitor and I might get myself into trouble.

So, I walked to the bus station, went on to the bus and on my way to Balboa Park.

I was there pretty early. Since I got down 2 bus stops that I supposed to be. I just walked and enjoyed and it was really awesome. The weather was just nice to walk. San Diego has always been gloomy.

Balboa Park has a lot of museums, all kinds of museum, and plants, IMAX, Japanese garden, etc. I enjoyed myself so much. There was no rush at all.

Then, I found out that the zoo is just nearby and I could walk there. Yes. I am going to the zoo. Not today, will be there tomorrow.

Since I am alone, I just went back to the hostel, prepared my own dinner, loaded pictures and talked to people. Yes. Indeed, meet different kind of people and hear different stories. I like it! :)

No comments: