Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mt. Kinabalu again - Day 2

I think we woke up at about 6am. 7am for breakfast as we planned to start early (8am). It's gonna be a long day (easily 8 hours walk). Each of us were given packed lunch from the resort.

We met up with our guides - Nizam and Ramun. Short briefing were given before the hike. Sherine kinda injured her left ankle (again) - even before the start. pengsan...

And the journey started. It was all the way up. Then, I remembered I vomited when I was here last year. I prayed, I sang praises/ worshiping God. I know everything with Him is possible. Lydia sang as well. She even quoted Bible verses. That was very encouraging.

We went *woohoo* whenever we came to see some spectacular view which really encouraged those who were behind to join us for the view. We saw waterfall from far in between the mountains. Just so amazed by the creation of God.

On and off Sherine would stop for a breath, she would start counting (giving sign language) and continued her pace. Karim was with her most of the time. John, Lydia and SPY were always together. Though we divided ourselves into 2 groups, we were always near to each other. The team spirit was strong.

Then, we crossed a suspension bridge, Kipuyut Bridge. The waterfall is still as breathtaking as I was there last year.

The scenery kinda change between 4KM and 5KM mark. There's no word to describe it. I have been longing for the awesome view since the start of the journey. The journey includes enjoying the nature. Time and again, I reminded them to turn back to look at the view. And 'woohoo!!!* Awesome!!!

It started to rain just before the junction joining with Timpohon trail. It's all the way up after the junction. The types of plants changed as well.

I met John (my last year's guide) on the way up which really excite me. :)

We reached Laban Rata at about 4.30pm - 5pm. I went to register ourselves for check-in. We will be staying at Gunting Ladangan which is about 200m further than Laban Rata. My hands were freezing cold that time. I was told to write down my name and sign and it was so hard for me just to do the simple tasks.

We decided to have our dinner before going to Gunting Ladangan so we could shower and settled down after that. Then, I saw the Agape Team. If not mistaken 15 of them summitted that morning of the 20 who went. And I got a headlight from William for Karim.

We talked to them for awhile and proceed to Gunting Ladangan. We were told the hot water will be out by 7.30pm. oh.. The rooms there were not heated room.

Well, it was not as bad as I imagined. There were only 4 beds in the room. 4 girls in 1 room while John and Karim in another. There were 3 shower rooms and we took turn. I went in. Maybe only 5 second of hot water, oh.. who cares, I just wanna be clean. Next, no electricity. haha... Since I was halfway, I have to continue what was started. Then, the electricity resume.

We were in bed at about 7.30pm as the next morning summit push will start at 2am. I slept only awhile as there were people out there talking. Then, John and Lydia was whispering to each other. They share a bed cos they were too cold.

No comments: