Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mt. Kinabalu again - Day 1

The day is finally here. After all the training and hiking/ walking on Saturday at Bukit Kepayang, it's all for now.

We (Sherine, John, Lydia, Peck Yin, Karim, Jimdey, Chris and myself) met at LCCT to depart to KK. Breakfast at McD.

Well, Air Asia got delayed - changed tyre. Yes. I started complaining and was saying AK promised no delay and will refund, and bla... bla... bla... The flight got delayed for about 45 minutes. At the same time, I called Faustine about the delayed.

The 2.5 hours seems like forever - kinda bored. 45 minutes to S'pore is consider long for me, and this is 2.5 hours without food and no entertainment..... Gosh... *HELP!!!!*

Finally, we got there. Faustine (the arranged transport) has been waiting for us.
We jumped into the van and headed for lunch. We were already 45 minutes behind schedule. And we have to leave for Kinabalu Park by 2.30pm latest. Sherine went to hunt for Kampung Adidas (rubber shoes with good grips for summit trail, back-up (was wondering if this is the side effect of handling Mega Projects, all the mitigation plans)).

We stopped at Nabalu for some bananas (actually Karim bought LOTS of them). Pengsan... The journey to Kinabalu park took us about 2.5 hours. I headed for registration for the team and getting the guides while others were choosing for sticks.

After all those, the journey continued to Mesilau Park Resort which took another 30 minutes or so. After checking-in ourselves, we headed for dinner. There, Karim noticed some Ericsson's team which he was busy shaking hands and talking to them. Dinner was alright.

I realised there were more people at this resort compared to last year. When I was there last year, we were the only group (only 6 of us). Seems like more and more people is using this trail (maybe DiGi should have a site here with better coverage).

We took shower and re-pack for the next day hike. And the hot water only lasted for 1 minutes and changed into cold water. haha... exciting.

I went to bed at about 10.30pm and realised symphony was on from 1 of our roomates. This was even more challenging. :p At one point, Karim's phone was giving reminder which I felt so much of turning that off. But, I do not want to risk myself being punch by maybe mistaken of wanting to steal the phone. Somehow, I slept as well...

No comments: