Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mango Orange Sorbet

I read about making own ice cream and sorbet long long time ago. And I thought it was quite difficult and tedious to make them.

Recent trip to Saigon had the really nice sorbet make me rethink. And as I came back, read those recipe again. And since we have home grown mango and passion fruit, just thought why not try to make.

Since I didn't have enough passion fruit this time, I tried to make the mango. It was easy, but tedious. Have to make into puree, strain (though may not necessary). Just that I like it smooth. And I did a mistake, I accidentally put the same amount of measurement of concentrated orange juice as orange juice, aiks... a bit too thick and too sweet.

Then, I fridge it, freeze it, blend it a few times.

And the next time... tadaa.... It's nice, I reckon. hahaha..... Next time, I shall try on the passion fruit.


No comments: