Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Strategy Meeting - Penang

Finally, the Penang trip actually happened. 2 cars were driven up north. It was quite a long journey.

I rang Lerk Shih when we were about at Juru just to check if we could meet up. I have not seen her for 7 - 8 years, I think. It was a loonnggg time. Seems like we can't make it and though I was sad, well, perhaps next trip. But, to my surprise, I was then told to call my friend so, we could meet up. Hurray!!!! Thanks to my 'driver' who was so kind to drop me off. Really appreciate that. And sorry (again) for the blunt language from Lerk Shih. (Yupe, I excused myself for the dinner with the team)..... :)

After dropping Kathy for swimming practise, we went up to a hill. The hill where there's a dam and where I could have a really nice view of Penang. We walked, we stopped, we took our time and we talked. There's so much to catch up and yet so little time. Then, we went back down, we had really nice Penang Laksa. Yummmm......

Then, we went back to her place. There, I met Russell, he was on con-call, and I met Adam and Frank too. All of them were so adorable. We warm-up pretty fast and soon the kids were concern where I am staying and wish I could put up a night. Well, I wish too. So, I continue to spend time at her place while waiting for my 'driver' to pick me up. So nice..... I was really lepaking at their place. Remind me of lepaking at their place in NZ where we just laid on the floor and read books (very anti-social bunch of ppl).... hahah.....

Then, my driver came, went to meet the niece. And catch up with the others at Gurney Drive. It's past midnight by the time we got back to hotel and we have meeting at 8.30am the next morning.....

Well, I am truly glad that I met up with Russell, Lerk Shih and family.... :) Sweet as.....



No comments: