Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day out to Sitiawan

This is a planned day trip. Has been delayed for quite some time as we still have the stock though aunty in Singapore has ran out of. What stock? 'So-mian' in Fuchow (long life noodle - direct translation)... The very long noodle where Chinese especially eaten on one's birthday symbolizes long life.

Since I am the transporter next month to bring things for my sister, this is one of the item that I need to bring for her.

We only like the handmade one and we only know we can get it from Sitiawan. Where we still have to sun it before keep them and slowly enjoy it with chicken soup. Yeah... Now, we can eat more rather than counting everytime (such a precious thing... )... hahaha..

Departed from home at about 9am from home. Was there for lunch, the special Fuchow dishes were yummy.... We went to Bei King Restaurant as told by Daniel. :)

Then, proceed to get the noodle, the Kg. Koh's Chilli paste and kong-piang (hard biscuit, very yummy especially freshly baked from the special stove. I shared 1 with mom (and we had our lunch). Was so full. Since no one wanted to go to Teluk Batik with me, we headed back.

Decided to make a detour to Teluk Intan. Well, since we didn't get the nice cendol in Sitiawan (my sister forgotten where), we went for the nice ABC (air batu campur). When grand-pa and -ma were still in TA (Teluk Intan was known as Teluk Anson previously) and we used to visit, we will definitely go to this stall for the ice-kacang. They have uplifted the place which is much better. At first, the owner can't recognise us till pa and ma talked to him. Well, the serving is still as big. I think the price rises (RM1.90 per bowl), but, hey, it's still much cheaper than KL and Seremban. We really enjoyed it. It was so full as it's so big bowl. I would recommend anyone who goes to TA for this.

So, time to head home. Stopped at Ulu Bernam R&R for the car to take a break too. Had our dinner (supposed to be simple meal, since we had so much food earlier, ended up still a feast....)... Gosh.... All of us were so full that none of them can talk after that except me keep talking on the way back as else, I think the driver (me) will fall asleep too. So, I gonna exercise my mouth to burn some energy and keep me awake.

Overall, it's a nice trip. Enjoyed it. Maybe will be better if could stay overnight. And yes, eat and buy a lot as usual.....




No comments: