Thursday, April 23, 2009

NASA migration

Finally, the day was here. NASA is on migration. NASA is a prepaid system where it will be moved to a faster and more robust system. The team has been working on the project for more than 2 years and the actual migration has delayed for 1 year. And finally, this is the moment.

The team actually started the migration at 10pm on 22nd. A lot of them were involved and all were split into 2 shifts (running for 24 hours) namely day and night shift. I have told Boon Hwa that I will accompany him for breakfast for the 2 days where he will be in office since 4am.

The 1st day, where I actually also dreamt about the go or no-go decision at 3++am that everything went smoothly which the end result was alright (I also stress.. aiks... ). Chee Kong rang me at 7.15am if I were in office and would like to go for b/fast. I knew it was ok. Then, we went to Puchong for dim sum and back to office at 9am. Wow.... We packed some for some of those who were still working from night shift.

The townhall actually turned into a migration hall where we had all the DiGi team, vendors working. Wow... Felt like in a war zone (at least for me). Everyone worked towards one goal - to make NASA a success. I am really impressed and touched.

I knew many worked for more than 24 hours non-stop for this project. And I really salute them for their commitment. And the Steering Committee/ Decision making team were really calm and cool even though there were a few issues...


No comments: