Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nyonya sandal

Mom learnt to sew the beads and make them into shoes from her group of friends which I can't remember how she got to know about. She enjoyed hanging out with them and learning different things from them. It started with beads for shoes and then the lantern during Chinese New Year, some cooking, etc.

She has been waiting for me to take her to Melaka to make those into shoes after she has done with the beads. Where I haven't had the time and one weekend she told me she has gone to Melaka with friends and 2 weeks later, I was back from KL. She showed me the shoes. Wow.... They are so pretty, aren't they? All these were sewed by hands, each beads.... Each would cost at least RM100 (just the cost). I told mom that would be able to get from Vietnam too. She said, her friends has said, the workmanship can't compare with the hand made by them especially they knew how to do it.

And now, I am placing my order to mom... hahaha.... I am not one who loves sandals but, I like the design very very much.. and handmade by mom. It's so different....

Do you want to order one? Contact me or mom. :) I won't ask her to make as gift for my friends (sorry) as it really cost her (esp eye sight). Well, or you can get to know my mom and pray that she will make one free for you.. hahaha...

Maybe I should learn from her. Just that I am really not good at sewing.. remember the cross-stich??... :S





3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! The beaded sandals are lovely.

Camelia said...

Hi. DOnt mind emailing me your email address? Would love to buy the beads design from your mom:)

mfwrachel said...

Hi Camelia, how should I contact you?