Monday, December 19, 2011

Catching up... cheers for friendship

So, Karim told Boon Hwa to arrange for a reunion/ catching up/ gathering. Boon Hwa told me to do so. Seems like a trend. sigh... So, I just sent out FB invite, whatsapp a few, skype Michelle. And set, Saturday lunch.

As Sherine and Michelle went to took our Christmas presents from the car, uncle (Boon Hwa) and I were suppose to choose a restaurant. So, uncle took me round the entire Pavillion in my heels, and I said, just go to Ben's. sooo pengsan...

Then, we ended up at Ben's. The ambience is definitely nice and cosy for friends to catch-up. I think we were the most noisy bunch. hahaha... Food... I won't rate it as nice or so high marks. We have requested for change of water a few times as they didn't come as clean. :s


Then, what's next? Some of us, at least Karim and I, would like to have ice cream (BR is just next door). Then, uncle said, let's go for very nice coffee. So, bye bye ice cream, we went for the very nice coffee instead. That's Illy. Is it nice? I don't know. I cannot take coffee in the afternoon otherwise, I will really suffer at night (cannot sleep lo..). So, I opted for the juice, it's orange + lime + pineapple. It's eye lifting because it's soooo sour. hahaha...

The place was so packed that the waiter initially want to put us to sit under the sun. I was... arhhh... hello... we are Malaysian. We prefer to sit in air-cond, we don't need the sun so much... Thank goodness, 2 ladies left, and we had the table near the door, so, we did get some air-cond. :)



So, it's another gila (crazy) talking and laughing time together. To a point, Karim said, are we too loud? Like our shop? Sigh.. this is the line that we are so used to hearing. But, well...


And we ordered gelato too. Still, I prefer the real ice cream. So, they still owe me my ice cream. hahaha... A slice of tiramisu (which is very strong, I suppose that's good?). And a slice of don't know what cake that aunty (Sherine) cannot remember. So, I called it, the yummy fatt-gou-like cake. :D pengsan...


Karim's ipad had a share of his chocolate gelato too. sigh... we are really gila la..
Overall, I had a great time. Hope the rest did too. I wish we will meet again soon and be gila again. Next time is at uncle's house? I doubt he will open his house or kitchen for us. ;)



No comments: