Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rat Race 2008

I didn't know why I sign-up for Rat Race. Rat race is an event organised by Bursa KL (KLSC) and The Edge that Corporates will participate to raise fund for the needy. The runners are to run with office attire. This year all fund raised will go to Women and Children. All participants are to run in KL city for 4.5KM.

We signed up for the mixed team which makes up of 2 female and 3 male. Since the day we signed up, we ran once a week at MPSJ. I can't run as my knees are not strong and I think running is quite a boring exercise. There's no interacture. How to talk and run??


Well, the day came, 19 Aug. We departed at about 2.30pm from office though the actual race will only start at 5pm. We need to get ourselves register when we get there. Well, since I was the leader for the group, I registered for the team. Then, we hang around for awhile before California Fitness guide us for some warming up. There was a briefing given. The road will not be closed for traffic (?!) which means we need to watch out for traffic. Alamak!! Pengsan... The next thing was, the police will only be there for 1 hour, after which we will be on our own. pengsan... So, no matter what, I must be back though I would like to be the last as much as possible. hmm.... (Too bad that John couldn't run on that day as he injured himself from futsal, hence replaced by Shoban).

The CEO ran 1st. They ran for 1.5KM. Then, only us. The guys in our team went ahead. And I was with Sherine. We ran, we walked, we talked. It's hot running on tarred road. We needa cross the roads, watch out for traffic, etc. Along the way, we saw a lot of banks supporters to cheer their team. It's very encouraging and fun to see that. I think we took about 40 - 45 minutes for the entire 4.5KM. gosh... At the mean time, our cheerleading group was having competition at Bursa while we ran.

I was still the last in our team. :) And my feet was so hot that I took off my shoes, and I rolled-up the pants. No longer feminine, cos I was too hot and I couldn't care much... pengsan...

There was dinner ready for us. It's just a simple meal, and yes, bananas... :) Then, followed by award giving. Our CEO was 2nd in the CEO category. And we won the most team award. DiGi has 10 teams.

Overall, it's a good experience. For me, it's not the destination, it's the journey and experience. Once we have the common goal, we will run the race together. It's a good race I must say. It is the same in life, we need to run a good race. We stop and check ourselves, take rest, and continue the race.

Will I join again next year? I don't know. I think it's fun, but, not the training part.


No comments: