Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend breakaway to Hangzhou 杭州

A few colleagues had mentioned that we would like to went out of Shanghai city on my next visit so that we can do some travel and short breakaway. Furthermore, May and June are good timing for travels and trips.

So, when I was there, I just let them handled everything and I just followed. I think it's easier rather than I have my ideas while I am not familiar at all. hahah...

A colleague (Cindy) came to fetch me and another colleague (Carmen) with her husband and son in their BMW. So, we departed from hotel at about 10.30am. And met with Bill and his friend at one of the highway rest area. We so many sports cars at the rest area.

It took us about 2.5 hours to reach Hangzhou as the traffic was heavy into Hangzhou. We went to 外婆家 for our late lunch, then, checked-in to hotel. Next, walk on the Westside Lake 西湖。 We had a short boat ride too. It's a big lake. So many people and happening there.





As Carmen needs to go back to Shanghai by high speed train, we went for early dinner at 状元馆。 I couldn't comment much on the food as I also let the locals to order. I told them, very easy, don't have to worry about me. Just order, I will eat what I can and dare to eat, some that I am not comfortable, I just pass. So, I just eat and no question asked on what is this and that. oh.. for sure, they said, once you are in Hangzhou, one must eat 东坡肉。 It's very fatty. ;P Still I tried, not the fat part. hahaha..
After dinner, we walked around further. The night market. And on the way back to hotel, Cindy and family decided to take a cab back as the son needs to rest. So, left the 3 of us continue doing our straw at 西湖。 The night scene was simply awesome with the lights. I like it. Yet, Bill got tired, and we all went back to hotel. Initially, we wanted to take a cab back. However, it's not easy to get taxi in Hangzhou, so, at the end, as we waited and walked, we ended up walking back to hotel. It's quite a distance, but, with the nice scenery, that's ok. :)

Next morning, as I woke up very early, I went to the lake again, all by myself. It's very bright by 6am as it's close to summer. There were many senior citizens having their morning exercise, writing on the ground by using the water from the lake. Saw joggers, bikers, etc. It's interesting to see the local lives.

When all have arise and shine, we proceed to another place, 九溪。 It's a reserved forest with 9 streams. It's easy walk as the paths are all done nicely for tourist. This place is simply awesome.
 


 
We headed back to Shanghai after taken our lunch at one of the local home style cooking, 农家菜。

Overall, it's just a short weekend breakaway. But, I truly enjoy every bits of it. So, where are we going next? hahaha...


No comments: