Sunday, September 6, 2009

Languages

Realised that I have learnt quite a number of new languages through the mission trip. It's fun... and the most exciting part is that I am still able to use some Burmese locally as there are some Myanmar ppl in Malaysia. It is very exciting, at least for me to know so many languages... Example as below:

English

Chinese

Malay

Thai

Myanmar

Vietnam

Korea

Hello

你好

Hello

sawadika

ming-kla-ba

chao

an-yong-ha-seh-yong

Thank you

谢谢

Terima kasih

cop-kun-ka

je-ju-tem-ba-re

com-on


very delicious

很好吃

sangat sedap/ enak-nya

a-loy mak-mak

sa-gaung-de



rice

nasi

kar

ta-mer

com


sorry

对不起

minta maaf

ko-tol


xin loi


don't understand

不明白

tidak faham

mind-kao-zhai

na-me-le-ba



toilet/ washroom

厕所/卫生间

tandas

hong-nam

anne-ta

nha ve sinh



It's so strange that I spent so much time with Korean and I didn't learn any Korean from them, but, all other languages. :)

Conclusion: I like to go mission trip. Aside learning the languagues and culture, I was blessed a lot which is really cool....




No comments: