Sunday, June 8, 2008

Gunung Angsi


Went to Gunung Angsi again though I really don't like it at all. It's part of the training for Mt. Kinabalu. It's less than a month from now. A lot of ppl said Gunung Angsi is actually easier than Datuk, I disagree. Angsi is longer. And once someone told me that the toughness of Gunung Angsi rank as No. 6th gunung to climb in Malaysia. I am not sure.

We arrived a bit late as Karim was late to my house. This time, Sherine didn't join us as she was travelling the very night. John, his wife and a friend joined. I think altogether, there were about 20+ of us.

We started the climb at about 8.30am. There were quite a lot of ants along the way. It's quite a walk until we reached the 'rest' area before crossing the river. Some turned back at this point due to physical conditions. All were encouraged to take off the shoes and cross the rivers. The water were clear and cool. Nice...

Then, some how some where, a bee flew into my hair and got stuck. The bee got nervous getting into a black forest and so did I. The next thing was ouch... It's so painful. I passed my glasses to my sis and put down my hair. And the bee dropped on my leg. Another ouch... I quickly applied the antiseptic. It hurt so much.





Then, we continued to walk before ascending. Until this place where we will have to go up using the rope. KG piggy backed Nathaniel up while Karim showed me another way to go up. And still, we have to use the rope.


And that's not the end. There's more rope ahead. Then, it's going up all the way.



I reached the peak only at about 12.15pm. Took me 4 hours. It's bad. It started to get misty and cold so we had to go before it the rain visit. It reminded me of Mt. Kinabalu at that very moment. I was praying that it wouldn't rain or else it will be really muddy. I was hoping a helicopter can come to take me down.



Going down was even more challenging.



Needed to have some abseiling skills and balancing. Aiyoo... Not easy.


A few of them were having muscle cramped. Karim was one of them and he felt worse if he stopped more often. So, I told him to go ahead and don't need to wait for me. We will meet at the foot hill. I was then with Min Chee, Fong and KG. Somehow I caught up with John. Then, I saw Nathaniel.
He is so cute. We chatted. He was telling me that his toes were so painful. He asked about my hiking boots. He can really talk. And I was taking care of him for awhile until Peter caught up with us.


We rested for 5 minutes. Then, moved on. Reached this open area which was so nice. As we continued to walk. We crossed some creeks and I decided to take some time to take pictures. I saw these yellow flowers.


At some point, I was walking alone again. I saw a millipede before Samuel (Nathaniel's elder brother) caught up with me. The millipede was so big unlike the one in the house and it's moving fast.


And so we reached. We were all so exhausted. It's about 4pm. Took about 3.5 hours to get down which I think it's a bit too long. The place was so crowded

We stopped-by McD on our way home. Good exercise. But, maybe I will not come again.

2 comments:

Euniceta said...

It was a good hike. I don't like climbing Angsi, but this hike was pleasant. The mist came in when we were at the summit and it was so cooling.

mfwrachel said...

Actually, I think I kinda start to enjoy hiking. Maybe not much pain after that? Sometimes, the pain is quite fun too.. OK. It's 11.24pm, maybe I am crazy...