Saturday, January 10, 2009

Missionette Sponsor Get Together

Was informed by Aunty Irene last week in church that there's a sponsor meeting on next Saturday (today) at her house at 2pm. hmm.... I was thinking, meeting in the afternoon. I wanna rest wor.. Furthermore, my only show that I watch on TV is screening at 4pm wor.

hehe.. actually, I struggled to go or not lar.. (confession is good for the soul..). And I decided to go. I was at Aunty Irene's house at about 2.15pm and I was the 1st one. Oh.. No.. This is bad. I thought I was late. Mana tahu, then, I was told, actually start at 3pm. Come early to catch-up with each other. Alamak.. pengsan.. 3pm means 3.30pm lar..

So, waited, talked. Then, slowly they came. Then, was told that Aunty Lim is making asam laksa for us. Wow.... She came at about 3.20pm. Then, we ate. Sooooooo yummy.. It's spicy for me, but, so nice... I had 2 bowls though I was full. Couldn't resist lar... Then, Kim came with 'hamp-chin-peng' (chinese doughnut?).... Also, so nice.. I didn't try cos I was so full already. Not to mention the jelly make by Cornelia. yumm.... Everything was so nice...

So, our meeting started at 4.20pm. We discussed what we wanna do for Missionett. It's going to be the last year for Missionette to give way for Children Cell. So, it will end in June. It's so sad as we have good bonding with the girls and they are opening themselves up in the class and share and make good friends. Well, if Children Cell is better, we shall support that.

Meeting ends at about 5.30pm. Then, eat again. Fellowship again. This is Malaysian - eat and eat and fellowship and fellowship. Now, we had Aunty Irene steamed her nian-gao (one of the sweet sticky thing normally eat/ have it in Chinese New Year). She sliced them in small pieces, steamed, and put with some shreded coconut. It's really nice..

I felt so blessed. One will never regret serving God. Cos, God always bless us back with more. And His blessings comes in all different forms and can surely surprise us. So, please continue to serve. Press-on though there are times we need encouragement too.

For me, I don't think I am continuing with Children Cell leading. I really want to do something else this year and I am exploring... Stay tune and if things work-out... :)


No comments: