Monday, December 1, 2008

The Moon is smiling at U...

Fong rang me and hurried me to look at the moon. What?? The MOON???? I was still in office finishing the last bit and about to go when I got a phone call from her. She told me the moon is smiling at me? WHAT??? I thought she must be joking. But, well, it makes her to call me, it must be something special. (F0ng, I really appreciate that you rang and told me about it that I didn't miss it...)

I took my camera, walked near the window at my area, couldn't see. Walk to the other side of the building. Still see nothing. OK. I thought, just let me quickly finished whatever I am doing (not that urgent anyway) and pack to go.

Once I stepped out of the lobby... WOW!!! Amazing!!! The moon is really SMILING at me... It's so nice.. So, what did I do? Dropped my computer bag, and papers on the floor, picked up my camera. I knew it wouldn't be so nice as I am just using Canon Ixus 850. But, well, just tried and tried... Wow... not bad..

I called Kamal to come down to look at the moon as well. And I called a few more ppl and smsed to a lot more. I also rang home... (ok.. I know I sounded crazy...) hahah.... Good things must be shared!!! :) Oh.. Later, I also rang my sister in Perth wondering if they can see too. And yes, they can see that too and she was out taking pictures and video.. haha... Later, Kamal told me, the 'eyes' were Jupiter and Venus.

Strangely, the moon seen at naked eye was yellow, some pictures captured as yellow. But, some were blue and red too.. ?! Weird-aye!!

Later, I found this web: http://www.space.com/spacewatch/081121-ns-jupiter-venus-moon.html

This is really cool... I have always interested to look at the sky/ stars. But, it's too bright at night in the city. I missed my childhood.... oh.. Skyline in NZ was very pretty too, especially at clear summer night. All the stars.. wow... I can only recognised a few...




4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah, I saw the moon. Awesome!!!

mfwrachel said...

:)

euniceta said...

Your camera's good enough to capture the smiling face. Good shot. :)

mfwrachel said...

Same camera - IXUS 850. The other 2 pictures with clearer planets were imported from Perth... hehe..