Sunday, December 28, 2008

Malay Wedding

Mom told me that our Malay neighbour invited us for his son's wedding today. It's been a long time since I last went to a Malay wedding. I decided to accompany mom there after church.

Mom rang me when I was about home. (We drove differently to church today as I was on duty for Children Church. My last lesson with them as I have decided to take a rest. Well.... that's another totally different story by itself.) She told me that I gotta parked my car at the road side cos there were lots of motorbikes in front of our house. hmm..... well.... Should I be angry? I wasn't very happy but, I think I still can tolerate that as my neighbour must be having lots of guests.

When I got home, it's full of cars and motorbikes as told earlier. What surprises me was the kumpang was also in front of our house? Even right up to the door steps. So, I decided to take pictures, not to complaint but, just to blog. But, those boys were scared seeing me taking so many photos. And I told them, no worry, just leave it there.. I just wanna take pictures. They were shy. hmm....

Then, we went for the lunch invitation. Mom and dad told me surely they will provide fork and spoon. But, I have a feeling that they will not. So, I was right. They didn't. And I gonna use the hand to eat, just to follow the custom. hmm.... It's gonna be a challenge. Purely using right hand to eat. Well, slowly and surely all the food went into my stomach.... It's a big tasks for me though. And I really amazed how did others do it? Even mom did it. WOW!!!! Even tearing chicken and eat it. I knew it's gonna be tough, so, I didn't take the chicken at all... :(

Then, about 1pm, the bride came and all the boys took the kumpang and get ready. As the bride and groom walked to the house, the kumpang started to play. And there were also others holding gifts following them.

It's really fun to see the wedding traditional of other race as well. Then I noticed, they don't have their car decorated like Chinese or Western ppl do.... And what about the wedding reception aside the lunch? Or was that all?

p/s: It's my sister's birthday today too....


No comments: