Friday, November 28, 2008

Target Workshop

Long before Kjersti left, she has been sharing her experiences of doing the Target Workshop with her management team and the effectiveness. Since then, I started to have discussion and planning for it. Then, she left and so, I tossed some ideas with Ole.

Well, Technology has not done this (not as a division) before. Hence, I was quite conscious about it. I always had a picture of how it will be in my mind, and was afraid it may not turn out to be as good or even much lower than what I imagined.

I reckoned it was quite hard to start at the beginning as everyone was new to this process. So, we had TMT to assist in explaining, facilitating. We did not want the TMT to participate so much so we could have the managers to discuss and suggest the targets.

Then, it went pretty well. So, I shall not worry. :)

The next day started quite alright as well. We saw each department trying to address the comments given earlier days and people were engaged in discussion.

Thank God that the workshop went well. In fact, a lot have said that this has given opportunities to discuss targets of other departments and understand each other. Some even suggested to have this on quarterly basis. I guessed all my hard works were worth it in a way or another. It's not easy to get things done and prepared for a meeting with about 45 people. Gosh.... Really thank God.

Well, I kinda felt really exhausted after the whole woskshop was over. (I always felt exhausted whenever there's an offsite meeting. Like the Roller Coaster also the same.) But, the work was not done yet. They need to go back refine and retune those targets and send to me again for discussion in the upcoming strategy meeting.. That also means, I pengsan (fainted...).....


No comments: