Saturday, May 24, 2008

Kidz Safari

It's the day. All teachers, helpers and volunteers were asked to be in church by 8am.

I had a booth to take care of - Elephant Trail. Everyone was so excited. We were told to try on our own game before the children arrives. Well, I can't play mine as my game was a partner game, 3 legged game. How to play by myself and my partner was not there yet.

So, I went round played others' games and took pictures also lar... :D

When the children arrived, they need to register themselves and guess the weight of the cake, a real cake. Aunty Chris baked the cake. It was 3kg.

So, the event started. All were having a lot of fun. My booth was not as busy as others. We did some promotion, better. We had these loyal customers kept coming back. Reasons: no need to line-up so long and already expert in the game. They wanted to earn the token and change for MP3. And they did it, finally. Both of them had MP3.

There was a break just before lunch. Kids were told to go in for a video. I guessed, they were restless and still wanted to play. Just before the next session started, a lot of them were lining-up for Crocodile Alert. Poor Uncle Rajen. He announced that his stall will opened 4 minutes later, and we could all all the kids gave a loud sigh.

And the fun continued. We had lunch without lunch break. So, we ate when there were no one came to play or took turn. It was during this time, I went to play the Splash. I threw at Cornelius and couldn't hit him. Then, he asked me to had my face were put at on the tiger body and Cornelius threw at me. Gosh.. so exact... geee..... It's fun. Well, I couldn't play more as I had a booth to take care of.

Not long after that. The rain started. It was about 12.30pm. So, we went to other stalls, those with tents and inside the educational block.

The entire event ended about 2pm. And we have to tear down for Chinese church in the evening. Well, we didn't took all down as Aspirer's is having their 25th anniversary on Sunday and their theme is on animals/ jungle as well.

We were all so exhausted. But, we think it's worth it. I had fun too. :) Good work, all.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah, it was a tiring day and both kidz and adults alike had fun, fun and fun. All the effort put in for this day is worth it, right?

mfwrachel said...

I asked them in Children Church 2day and they all like it sooooo much!!! They wanted to have it again! I told them, they have to bring friends and they have to be good. :)

Unknown said...

oh oh.. that's the lion i'm looking at the other day..:)