Sunday, May 4, 2008

Derailed

It's 1st Saturday of the month where I will need to be in church to teach Missionettes. It should start at 4pm and I was running late. I only left my house at about 3.50pm. I knew I will be late for maybe 5 minutes.

Well, when I reached Bukit Emas, I saw the heavy traffic and knew I will be late for more than 5 minutes. And I was wondering why jam. Well, it's already common that it will be heavy traffic on Saturday, but, not at that hour. Then, I was telling myself, maybe it's due to the upgrade of the road works, maybe a lot of people took Friday off (like me), maybe accident (?! - that's the worst thing I can think of).

Then, I saw a lot of cars and people standing on the right side of the road. I am thinking surely this is accident already. I turned to where the crowd was and saw this train was derailed. 2 coaches plunged down (in fact 4 of them, 1 coach and 1 locomotive to the other side) to where the Rahang River is. The scene was scary. An ambulance was there. In my heart, I just hope that no one died. And I moved on to church. Then, I saw a fire engine going to the scene. So, I knew the incident just happened. Gosh... It was horrible!!

As I finished the class and heading home at about 5.30pm. Police blocked the roads. And I have to re-route to go home. Then, I saw this blue police jeep (the one they normally use to carry dead body), that's bad. As I re-routed and exit from Bukit Emas, the same jeep passed by in front of me, but this time, I saw a body in plastic bag was in the jeep. It was horrible. The driver of the train was killed.

Read more from http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/5/4/nation/21149190&sec=nation
or you may read the Chinese from http://www.sinchew.com.my/node/64525?tid=1

As I passing the same scene the next day to church, the coaches where still there. Still many people at the scene. And there were 2 crane trying to lift up the coaches. Tent was set-up for those helping. I think it will take days to clear.

As I think of it, really thank God for His protection as we used to take train to Singapore.


No comments: