Monday, May 19, 2008

Gunung Datuk, again

Remembered I said that I aint climbing no more? Guess what? I went to Gunung Datuk instead. I must be so crazy. Well, I have not much choice since I was crazy enough to book ticket and arrange for Mt. Kinabalu in July. Have to train lar..

Gunung Datuk located at Rembau and it is actually about 870m high.

Well, from the July climb team, only Sherine and Karim came which was a great encouragement for me. We joined the climb team from church where they will go in July as well. In fact, they are going 1 day earlier than us.

Karim & Sherine drove from KL. And Karim was sick. Wow... It tells me that they take the climb seriously.

People are so excited. Start preparing. We have to pay a registration fee of RM3 for the climb. And I saw this bridge was built. It wasn't there when I was there last year. We had to walk a little further and go through by the rocks.

This picture was so deceiving (as Karim said). We were so tired, and Karim was so pale, yet we smiled(?). Yet, he managed to keep up with us.

I didn't take any photos on the way there. Except when we are near there as I saw the sun shining through the leaves and form a wonderful pictures. We were kinda 'wet' by the time we reached the top. We took 1.50 hours to reach there which is normal.

Rested awhile and continue to aim for the peak.

I must say it was magnificent. Karim and Sherine sat at the peak enjoying the view and in their deep thoughts or letting their imagination running wild. For me, I still cannot see Straits of Malacca. There were so many people at the peak. Some Geologist students from UKM.

Sherine sprained her ankle on the way down. Gosh... It must be so painful. We took 1.50 hours to reach the foot hill as well. I fall at least 3 times. Initially, I fall when I had evil thoughts. Knowing me, I just thought or verbalised, have no action. Then, I stopped. Still, I fall. Alamak... what's happening?? God is punishing??

I also got bitten on my finger by an insect. Ouch!! I have to pull it out as it just refused to go away.

Then, we had to go off without joining the makan session since Karim had to go back to office for work. And I had to go to church by 4pm for Missionettes.


It was a good climb. I enjoyed it. Of course, I suffered pain.

With the pain, I still went to Bkt. Kepayang with Fong on Monday morning before the Cat & Dog Theology. Both of us must have walked so weird that a lot of people just looked at us one kind. I felt the pain. Especially in church when pastors make us stand and sit and stand and sit... gosh.. killing me....

The next plan is to go to Gunung Angsi on 7 June. errh..... I don't like there. Maybe I will go if there's no rain a day or two before.


No comments: