Monday, October 27, 2008

Day at home - Deepavali

It's public holiday (again!?).. woohoo!!!! It's Deepavali where Indian celebrate the victory over the evil one... There were a lot of fire crackers once the clock past 12 midnight. Apparently, it is more happening than CNY. Wow....

There's GLS (Global Leadership Summit) seminar in church today. I didn't sign-up for it as initially, I thought this will be the usual peak times at work where I will have to work on the 3 years business plan thingy (which was done about a month ago now). Pastor Sally asked me in church yesterday if I would join them today. hmm... Not really... I have other plans already though I could have be flexible enough to change and just to attend today's session (it's a 2 days thingy)... Anyway....

So, what did I do?

Well, nothing much basically. I helped mom on this little plant thingy. I always saw it in our garden. I always thought it's just another useless plant and will pull them away until few months back when mom told me it's actually medicine.. errhhh..... sorry.... Well, she didn't know until she read from books as well. *phew*...

So, it is kinda amazing plant. It's actually good for eyes *blink* Good for eyes?! (Remembered my eye were so painful without specific reason during raya.. So, this maybe what I needed)... Mom boiled some the other day but I was in KL. So, she is going to boil again today and insist that I have to drink. I think she boiled this before. The seeds of the plant if like little black pepper. It's kinda quite. It's kinda easy to do it. Just clean it, use the whole plant (of course not the root lar.. pengsan), put water add some brown sugar. And that's it. It's not that difficult to boil or drink. Just like a drink.... (Not like those Chinese medicine thingy)...

So, where can you find them? It's just in the garden, in the pot, God's given.

What else I did so far?

I managed to finish the crosstich.. Another piece.. haha... I have told a friend (Steven Heah) that I am going to make one for him when the wife got conceived. Well, due to my busy schedule (and laziness.. aiks....), I only managed to finish today. And the little princess already here and I think it's almost time for full moon. Aiks.... Actually, this piece is much easier than the wedding one I make for Susanna. Now, I need to frame it. I hope they will like it.

Anymore crosstich?? Maybe not the near future, aye.. Sewing it's not my thing... It's a pain to sew... Dad was asking why don't I just go buy something... hmm... True, but, for me, if I were to buy something, what should I buy? And I am not the shopping type of person also.. aiks..




2 comments:

euniceta said...

I want a cross stitch all framed up for my 2008 Christmas present. Thank you.

mfwrachel said...

no more cross stitch.. no more sewing.. Maybe I can try buy one for you. hehe...