Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday

Seems like another Sunday.

Min Chee suddenly decided to come and sit with me. She said, she has not sat with me before in Sunday which I don't think so. Anyway, I felt great despite her 3-8-ness (craziness). A friend who came and wanted to sit with me... wow... Honoured... Not sure about you, but, I can easily be touched by small gesture of ppl. :)

The singing started and it was still normal. Till the Sermon by Pastor Sally. God is watching. 1King 19:1-18.

Elijah ran when Jezebel wanted to kill him. He was tired and canme to a broom tree where he prayed that God to take his life. Then, he lay down and fell asleep. Then, an angle came told him to get up and eat and lay down again. And 2nd time, the angel came and told him to eat and drink. Strengthen by the food, he traveled 40 days and 40 nights until he reached Hored, the mountain of God. Then, he went into a cave and spent the night.....

What struck me? At times, I prayed the same thing. I asked God to take my life as I have had enough. I don't want to struggle and suffer any more. Well, must be glad that God didn't answer those prayers as I have had not done enough for Him.

Our spiritual struggles:
1. Danger of looking at the circumstances
. Learn to focus on God again. Faith is the greatest of all, not fear. We just need to be still.

2. Danger of self-pity.

3. Danger of feeling indispensable. This leads to pride and start blaming and focusing on problems.

Spiritual restoration:
1. Refreshed. Rest physically and spiritually. We must rest and only God will strenghten us. Sleep. The body is the temple of God which I need to take care of. (Mom kept on pointing at me and so was Min Chee, till Pastor noticed and kinda told me to rest)... Yes, I heard it loud and clear. Will do. Will try to sleep more. How can one sleep if one is not that tired? hmm.......

2. Rediscover God. Get out of the caves (offense, despair/ discourage/ isolated, comfort). Remove the noise and focus on God and hear God.

3. Reassignment - serve others. Jesus was here to serve us and not to be served.

4. Relationship - start connecting

Wow.... What a powerful message.... Later in the evening, as I read the Chinese paper, Sunday edition, the same message, 1 King 19. Elijah was running and struggling and wanted God to take his life. A lot of times, we are too harsh on ourselves, we failed and couldn't stand up and not allowing us to find rest instead finding all ways to sort ourselves out. We forgot the broom tree behind us. We forgot that God is there watching over us and only He will strengthen us.

Oh.. Lord, I am weak and only Your grace is sufficient for me. Teach me to find rest in You. Teach me to slow down and lean on You. Tech me to be humble. Teach me Your ways, Lord. And knowing that You will see me through all seasons. All glory unto You!!!!



No comments: