Saturday, January 16, 2010

Gunung Datuk


Thought no more hiking/ climbing for the rest of the year after G. Nuang 2 weeks ago. Then, I went again today to Gunung Datuk. It's much shorter than Nuang, for sure. Up and down of 4 hours.

There were so many ppl. So many groups of ppl.

I was worried as my hiking boots gave way in Nuang hike and I was on normal sports shoes which will not have good grip. Still, I think should be ok.

Francis came to fetch me at about 7.20am. We started the climb at about 8.50am. It was kinda tough as it was vertical climb from the beginning. I was with Min Chee, Fong and Douglas. We were taking it slowly as Min Chee wasn't feeling very well. There were about 40++ of our team. Quite a big group. We have ppl from Seremban, KL and even Singapore. :O

Peter Lai and Dr. KK being the leader while Steve Yap and Jason Wong being the sweeper.

We saw the Fatman paper trail which was use in G. Nuang hike as well as a guide of direction.

Then, we saw Pat, she was struggling as well which was weird. Then, I called KG and Karim for S.O.S. While they tried to come down, we walked slowly and shared the load up as well. After they met us and helped, they sped off again.

We reached the peak at 10.44am, which we took almost 2 hours. hmm...

It was so windy up there. And since we were wet, we felt a bit chilly. Min Chee was trying to hide from the wind by staying behind the rocks. Funny... We didn't go up further as there were too many ppl and congested. Also, we have been there. So, we give the chance to those who has not been there before.

We just enjoyed ourselves and it was nice. :)

Then, time to descend. My shoes really didn't have a good grip and i find it really challenging... :( And I slipped and fall just before the hut stop. Ouch.... It was painful. I applied some antiseptic and it was still bleeding. Then, not much choice, Douglas sprayed something which is supposed to seal the wound by forming a layer of 'plastic' over it. I was really screaming when he did that on me. It was so painful... Well, I think the cut (3 of them) were too deep and the blood still continue to flow.... Gosh....

Finally I reached the base. Eunice said, we look slightly more than an hour to descend. hmm.... Time to shower and change. Too bad, no water. So, just changed.

Then, we went for lunch.

And I went for anti-tetanus jab after I got home. And fluid still coming out and my antiseptic medication just continue to flow down.... Now, my hand also pain due to the jab. It's more painful then the Hep B jab I had 2 weeks ago. :(

Overall, it was quite a good climb. :)






No comments: