Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mt. Kinabalu part II

Started from Mesilau Park at 8.30am. Was told that it is a tougher trail. Well, I read from internet as well. It's about 2.7KM more than the Timpohon trail. I really doubted on my ability.

I vomitted after 1.5KM hike. I really wanted to turn back. The other team(3 of them) has gone ahead. And it was only KG, Peter, me and John (the guide) in my team. My team members kept encourage me and they prayed for me. I find it so difficult to walk any more. And we walked really slowly after that. KG took over my bag so that it will be lighter for me.

I thank God for His mercy and grace. I felt much better and started to take pictures again. Then, I started to tell them that I wanted to eat ice-cream, lychee, longan, etc... And they were laughing at me that mountain sickness has started to kick-in at early stage.

At some stretch, I tried to move a bit faster and scolded by them as I should let my body to adapt to the height and take it slowly. I didn't eat much for my lunch as I really have no appetite. I drank water and took some chocolates.

I really like the scenery. We enjoyed the journey and take it really slowly to just be in the nature. Then, finally hours of walking only we reached the Layang-Layang junction. It was just halfway and we have to continue to walk.

Well, we have some 'booster' on our way up. Peter will know that. haha...

The type of plants changes as we move higher. It was so marvelous that the wind will blow the clouds in and out just like that.

Finally, we arrived Laban Rata at about 5.45pm. We took so long and we were all so tired.

No comments: