Friday, July 20, 2007

Mt Kinabalu part I

So, this is the day and it's here. We went to LCCT early in the morning and caught a flight to KK.

This is the recce team for the real climb in September. To check out the place, to find out the condition and go back to prepare the September team. Since, I will be busy in September and couldn't join them. Busy with work lar, with forecasting lar.. So, I am in this recce team. I am the only female. And we are going to use the Mesilau trail.

It was raining when we arrived at KK. We had our lunch and KG did went to Sutera office to sorted out something before heading to Mesilau National Park at Kundasang. It was gloomy and rainy, and we knew, it will be wet and cold and it will not be easy.
We stopped to get some food. And it started to rain again. I started to doubt if I could ever make it to Laban Rata.

It took about 2.5 hours from KK to Kundasang. A long journey. At last, we arrived at the National Park HQ to register ourselves and get our guides. Then, we continue to Mesilau Resort. The road to there was narrow and some really steep one where everyone will have to get down from the van except me. hehe... :)

And we rested. We were all in the non-heated room. Problem for me to sleep: (i) new environment, (ii) didn't use much of my brain and not tired. But, I have to get some rest for the hike.

No comments: