Sunday, September 2, 2007

Brunei

We also make a trip to Brunei. Susanna get Julian to drive. The custom clearance was a breeze since Julian also has been dealing with the officers for clearance (they are in transport company). It was another 1.5 hours drive from the checkpoint to Bandar Seri Begawan.

The petrol is really cheap. $0.53/ litre. It is still cheap after conversion.

And we saw this 1st old extraction machine which has a stop function just by the road side. Saw another one, really old one in the middle of roundabout. Actually, all these machines are every where. That means the country is really rich in petroleum.

We stopped by Jerutong Park which has been abandoned.

Then, we visited The Imperial, 6 stars hotel in Brunei. It was really huge. And painted with golden colour. I was asking if all these were gold. Then, my sis told me, this is not Middle East country.

The most interesting part was we visited the rest room. It was a huge restroom, where they have sofa to allow people to chit-chat (?). I don't know. But, it was huge. Actually, it was nice just sitting there, really relaxing.

And we moved on. After lunch, we went to Gadong Mall. Just to experience the local lifestyle. A lot of Jawi words here.

The Bandar itself is very quiet. Doesn't feel like bandar at all. And mosque. Nice.

And yupe that was Brunei. It was kinda boring. I wouldn't recommend people to visit there. Apparently, people there do not need to work and the lifestyle is really slow. And so, I appeared o be the weird one who walked so fast.

Mom reckon that I am so much happy during my holiday, this trip. I laughed and smile from my heart.

And we left Miri the very next day. It was a great trip. It was great to catch up with old friend.

No comments: